The book elucidates and navigates the impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic which engulfed nations across the globe since early 2020. With millions of lives and livelihoods demolished, the world experienced this blackswan event which further triggered several other crises, the remnants of which promise to last for decades. The book hosts a variety of perspectives within economic, social and development research studies, situating impacts and learnings from the pandemic providing the reader with contemporary and useful information.
The motivation emerged from a felt need for academicians and practitioners to disseminate knowledge on the impacts of the pandemic in the disciplines of sociology, economics, polity, philosophy, business, et al. The book:
• Presents a unique blend of experiences from evidence-based research and policy prescriptions for developing economies.
• Critiques the system of disease surveillance and waste management.
• Asserts the importance of an interface between social epistemology and epidemiology.
• Defines a vision for India’s development undergirded by democratic, inclusive principles.
• Mirrors the issues related to digitisation, marginalisation, government regulations as well as health systems.
• Provides original ideas and new knowledge for drawing up pedagogies and innovative methodologies suitable for higher education.
Or login with your social account